Terms of Service
Electronic Communication Consent
Terms of Service
Passwords to the BPO Elks Members-Only web site are for paid-up members of the BPO Elks of the USA only. By registering and using a password, you are agreeing to the following:
- That you are a paid-up member in good standing of the BPO Elks of the USA.
- That you are obligated for the regulations established by the BPO Elks of the USA for the use of this web site and the message boards contained therein.
- That the password issued to you is for your use only; that you will maintain its confidentiality; and that you are responsible for damages caused by breach of this confidentiality or negligence that allows others to breach the required confidentiality.
- You further agree to indemnify and hold harmless the BPOE of the USA, Inc., its state associations and other subordinate Lodges from any claims or expense arising out of your use of this password, your violation of the established regulation for the use of this web site, or for the actions of other parties who gained access to this web site due to your negligence or lack of care in maintaining the confidentiality of the password.
- You agree that a violation of these terms could result in the withdrawal of your access privileges to the Oeelks.Org web site.
- Conform to the edicts of the law or comply with a legal process served on the Oeelks.Org web site or the Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks,
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the Oeelks.Org web site or the Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks, or the visitors of the Oeelks.Org web site,
- Identify persons who may be violating the law, the legal notice, or the rights of third parties,
- Cooperate with the investigations of purported unlawful activities.
Your Consent To This Agreement
By using our web site, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the B.P.O. Elks of the USA, Inc., from any claim, demand or expense arising out of your use of the website except for occurrences caused by the sole negligence of the B.P.O. Elks of the USA, Inc.
Elks Online Guidelines
The Oeelks.Org web site is best experienced when members observe a few simple rules. Here are some key guidelines that apply to this web site in addition to those set forth in our Terms of Service.
- The Oeelks.Org web site is a service of the B.P.O. Elks of the U.S.A. with particular focus on the local lodge, and as such is governed by the Statutes of the Order. Please observe all applicable statutes as you participate in our online services.
- The Oeelks.Org web site is provided by the Orleans-Eastham Elks Lodge #2572 as a service to the Members of the Order, but since Internet access is not yet universal, our online services should NOT be seen as the Order’s official means of communication with its membership. If you have a problem or concern of an official nature, please send a letter by regular mail to your District Deputy, Special Deputy, Grand Exalted Ruler, or the Past Grand Exalted Ruler who sponsors your state.
Consent to Electronic Communication
When you visit Oeelks.org, use services which are provided on or through the Oeelks.org or send email to us, you are communicating with us electronically. You consent to receive communications from us electronically. We will communicate with you by email or by posting notices on the Oeelks.org. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.